Gleco electroplating employs the latest techniques and technologies to analyze and ensure quality finishes that meet specifications and exceed expectations. Due to the varying surfaces, geometries, edges, recesses, cavities, and holes of the parts and products we plate, our greatest quality challenge is applying the proper finish and thickness.
Every part is inspected and certified using one or more of the following tests:
- Visual testing: We start by visually inspecting part surfaces under magnification to validate uniformity in appearance and no blisters, nodules, pits or cracks.
- Thickness testing: We use an x-ray fluorescence (XRF) scanner to analyze plating thickness.
- Solderability testing: We test parts according to ASTM B678 and MIL-STD-202 Method 208 solderability standards.
- Adhesion testing: During the final inspection, we perform tape adhesion and bend adhesion tests and crimping and cutting tests.
- Porosity testing: We perform copper sulfate or steam age porosity tests to locate microscopic pores.
- Microhardness testing: We perform microhardness testing according to the 4-06197-0000 spec.
- Tarnish resistance testing: We offer tarnish resistance testing that adheres to a number of standards, including QQ-S-365.
To perform the above-listed tests, we use the following equipment:
- Microscopic inspection stations (including a scanning electron microscope (SEM))
- X-Ray fluorescence scanners
- Gage testers
- Beta-backscatter scanners
- Adhesion testers
- Stress and embrittlement relief testers
At Gleco Plating, we’re dedicated to providing the highest quality finishes. This includes investing in our people and our equipment. If you are seeking quality electroplating solutions, contact Gleco Plating.